Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27th….No hike, but lots of JOY!



I can’t believe we leave in 5 days. We aren’t hiking today. Instead we are celebrating with a potluck send-off at our house for our team and some of those who have supported us!

I remember a few years ago something challenging happened in a series of events that had been difficult for our family. Oliver looked at me and said” Mom, when does the bad stuff stop happening?” Without even thinking I replied, “It doesn’t buddy, that’s why we have to make a HUGE deal out of the good stuff”.

I was about to say I have no idea where that wisdom came from that day… but actually, I do know. It came from the same place that all these gifts and opportunities for this family come from. It came from a much higher source.

Today is the good stuff. Today is when we look at all the amazing people who are coming together to make this happen. We become aware of all the great love and joy this project brings out in so many who need it in so many different ways. And we spend our day in gratitude that we can be a part of that.

Yes,that's what we do. We make a really big deal out of the good stuff. That’s exactly how we do it.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting!!!! I'm thinking about you guys everyday!

    ReplyDelete