Friday, May 2, 2014

Here We GO! The beginning of a Daring Adventure!

Yesterday was an amazing outpour of love from so many people from literally all over the world. The day started out with my sponsor reminding me to be present. I set my intention that I would approach all the packing and organizing with joy not stress, knowing I would never have this day back. I wanted it to be full of grace and love rather than martyrdom for all the hard work that I am capable of focusing on. For the most part, it worked. I stayed present, mostly patient, and full of joy. That was easy to do with all the calls and Facebook messages coming in constantly to remind me this thing is now so much bigger than me or us. Anthony and I may have gotten the ball rolling, but now it's about so many things to so many people.

Then a dear friend interrupted me in my travels and while I was searching for a portable urinal in Walgreens. She made me stop in the aisle and pray with her. She had written out this beautiful prayer for our family. And as I heard the papers shuffling and the quiver in her voice, I realized how much thought and love she had put into her well wishes. I was incredibly moved and yes, I felt the spirit of the universe warmly wrapped around me.

The rest of day was fun. People stopped by to drop off gear and as I looked across my garage stacked with backpacks, pads, and tents I realized what a huge coordinating effort this has been by so many. You would think we are going to climb Everest!

Today we set out for Flagstaff. We will arrive up there about 1pm and head to the Livery Barn. We will have to then pack and organize over 360lbs worth of gear and food for 12 Mules to carry. After that craziness, we will stop by and thank some of the Back Country folks at the Grand Canyon who pulled every string they could to make this happen. Anthony will the be third person in the history of the Canyon that we know of to descend all the way to the bottom without the ability to walk.

Next up we will meet the team, family and friends at Maswick Lodge for dinner @ 6. I can't wait to see everyone together and celebrate the huge accomplishment we have achieved. And that's before we step one foot into the canyon! This endeavor truly proves that community and love can raise us all up, and with others, we can accomplish SO much more than we ever can alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment