Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1st...1 DAY TO GO!

I'm so tired and didn't want to blog but so many amazing things are going on. First off, you all read that Monday we heard we needed a Bipap to help AC breathe at night. Well, any of you who know anything about Insurance and durable medical equipment know that this is a very long, frustrating process from when the doctors say you need it and when you actually get it. So telling us Monday we needed one for the Canyon in less than a week was pretty much impossible...or so one would think. But I called the company who I heard had one of the few "portable" ones that was battery operated. I got the name of the guy in charge form my doctor. I emailed him the link of video telling Antony's story and begged for a miracle. Turns out, he is an avid hiker and has always wanted to hike the Grand Canyon but never has. So he promised to do what he could. Unbeknownst to me, he was so moved he forwarded the video to a friend who works at Anthony's insurance company and she in turn made thousands of dollars of equipment somehow magically show up at our house the next day!

Luckily for me, DeeDee came right over. I texted her and told her I didn't think I could emotionally or logistically handle the 3 hour instruction that went along with all the gear. Thank God for her because what would have been an overwhelming, sickening day trying to face another milestone of DMD, turned into a day of angels totally looking over us! Anthony even made jokes about Darth Vader and had a totally flexible attitude about the whole thing. He just made me and DeeDee promise we would cover it up if any girls came over. On top of it all, we started it last night and I was up all night checking on him, thinking it would come off as soon as I left the room. Unbelievably, he went right to sleep and wore it for over four hours. This morning when I went in there, he was sitting on the edge of his bed smiling ready for his shower....a vast improvement from the yelling and moaning for me to go away and let him sleep which I have grown accustom to.

The only downside is that this lovely little "portable" Bipap they got for my backpack weighs about 15 pds (see photo) along with tubes and batteries. Luckily I have a lot of help.

Today is finally running around, organizing and packing so I can get some rest. Prayers, phone calls, emails and facebook messages are coming in literally from all over the world. I can't tell you how humbled I am. I am truly at a loss of words about all
the support we are getting...and those who know me, understand that me being at a loss for words, is in and of itself, a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment